The ultimate epoxy bedding compound!
Epoxy or glass bedding has been popular for many years as a tool for accurizing rifles of all types. Accuracy depends on shot-to-shot consistency. A great deal of a rifle’s ability to achieve this consistency is dictated by the relationship of the metal and the stock. During the firing process, a great deal of recoil or kick is created which tends to shift the barrel and action in the stock. This change dramatically affects the rifles ability to achieve shot-to-shot repeatability. In order to achieve extreme accuracy, we need to go beyond just good fit. We need to manage vibration cycles. In nature, all things vibrate and in order for a rifle to achieve extreme repeatability we must minimize the vibration cycles and make them as consistent as possible. Once again we are back to the stock to metal fit. Pro-Bed 2000 epoxy is the best tool available to meet that requirement. There has been a number of epoxy products used by the gunsmithing fraternity over the years and almost all of them were not designed for the sole purpose of accurizing rifles. Pro-Bed 2000 was formulated by a gunsmith with over 20 years of professional experience in epoxy bedding rifles. Pro-Bed 2000 directly addresses every problem unique to epoxy bedding.
View this brief seven minute video about Pro-Bed 2000 Stock / Glass bedding epoxy.
Complete Epoxy Bedding System:
This kit contains epoxy, mold release, mold release application brush, fumed silica for thickening, mixing sticks and modeling clay to fill pin holes. Everything you need to epoxy bed your stock.
$24.80, 4 ounce Brown Complete bedding System.
$24.80, 4 ounce Black Complete bedding System.
$37.20, 8 ounce Brown Complete bedding System.
$37.20, 8 once Black Complete bedding System.
$55.80, 16 ounce Brown Complete bedding System.
$55.80, 16 ounce Black Complete bedding System.
Basic Epoxy Bedding Kit:
This kit contains epoxy only.
$19.95, 4 ounce Brown Basic kit.
$19.95, 4 ounce Black Basic kit.
$31.00, 8 ounce Brown Basic kit.
$31.00, 8 once Black Basic kit.
$48.50, 16 ounce Brown Basic kit.
$48.50, 16 ounce Black Basic kit.
Anyone can get professional results using Pro-Bed 2000.
- Ease of mixing: A non-critical mix ratio of 1:1 by volume, insures that Pro-Bed 2000 always attains full cure.
- Overnight cure: Pro-Bed 2000 attains full cure in approximately 16 hours but still gives its user plenty of work time (approximately 60 to 90 minutes, depending on room temperature.)
- Flowability: Pro-Bed 2000 has the perfect consistency. It will flow into all voids of the stock but it still stays where you put it.
- Strength: Pro-Bed 2000 uses the highest quality components such as carbon fiber and high compressive strength microscopic spheres that give the cured epoxy greater flexural and compressive strength, while completely eliminating the shrinkage problems. There are no cheap fillers or extenders.
- Carvability: Pro-Bed 2000 is not brittle. The cured epoxy can easily be carved, ground or machined without softening or chipping even in very thin sections.
- Appearance: The unique characteristics of Pro-Bed 2000 will make it easy to produce a finished product to be proud of, free of voids and surface imperfections for both the professional gunsmith and novice alike.
- Clean up: All Pro-Bed 2000 kits come with a generous amount of an extremely high quality mold release agent that is both easy to apply and easy to clean off while giving you the best possible surface finish and debonding characteristics.